Welcome to a Part of Me

To those that care, those that might and those that are just curious:


I am a Christian, husband, father etc. At times a bit of a contrarian so don't assign me all of the labels one might associated with those categories. I have an extreme love of food and wine and sharing them as frequently as possible. I have opinions, many of which will never see the light of a computer screen.

As time progresses you can anticipate snippets on what I understand about following Christ, copious posts about my wonderful family, failed fishing jaunts - (I don't do trips, they require too much time attention and care - jaunts will suffice for me), hikes and camping both with and without my boys, food glorious food, politics, business and the current (now past tense) job search. I am sure there will be more...

Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Post to Increase the Random Nature and Volume of Content

Even with my limited blog reading I have discovered a few supposed truths; the content needs to not only be good and interesting but needs to have a particular draw.  From what I can tell it needs to be singular in topic and focus (like my wife's favorite blog Cakewrecks - 6 days of the worst cakes you could ever buy with one day devoted to pros that actually got it right); OR - you need a unique montage of seemingly random topics that stream together to expose the personality of the writer that others can identify with.... I am going to try my best to fake the second method.  I will likely write copious amounts of pseudo-planned, seemingly random entries over the next few days to give you something to read...at which point I will hit an inevitable wall and grind to a slower more reasonable pace.  

At some point I will have to write on charcoal vs gas grills in the near future - an "acquaintance" that read my "Food, Wine and me" entry told me to turn in my man-card for using the latter.  I'd have called him an "old friend" but since he told me to turn in my man-card... this cannot go on without a significant rebuttal.

No comments:

Post a Comment